WHY CHOOSE SECURITY SCREENS?
- The preferred alternative to security bars and shutters in aesthetics and safety
- Do not restrict light or view from the interior
- Manufactured from all-aluminum and stainless steel /maintenance free.
- Custom design options to match existing window color
- Can be mounted over existing windows
- Leave windows open to enjoy breeze while maintaining security
- Energy efficient reduces air conditioning costs
- Shield against damaging ultra-violet rays
- Highly durable powder coated finish
- Available in fixed or operable
- Patented ADA approved latch system
- Allow access by fireman in a rescue situation
- Possible discount on home-owners insurance
ExtrusionsAll series of TAPCO's sub-frames, mainframes, flat bar, center bar, hinges even down to the latch housings we use on our SPR-Latches are all 6063-T5 extruded aluminum. The wall thickness of the frames is dependent on the series that you choose. Most all of our screens have a wall thickness of .062 (1/16"), though we do offer a series with a wall thickness of .080 (between 1/16" & 1/8"). Most homes would fall into the .062 range. All series of TAPCO screens come in standard colors of Mill Finish (unpainted), Bronze or White. Special colors are available.
LatchesTAPCO uses stainless steel barrel bolt latches, one on each side that requires both hands to operate or our patented SPR-LATCH that requires only one hand to operate. Most windows today come double hung with a full screen allowing fresh air into the room or a full sunscreen to minimize the damaging rays of the sun. TAPCO Security screens are mounted directly to the window and thus appears that it belongs there. Security Bars, on the other hand, looks just like security bars i.e .. Out of place. Security screens also protect the whole window from vandals, burglars and flying debris, while security bars do not protect the glass or window, creating maintenance cost to the homeowner.
HingesWe offer a .050 aluminum piano hinge and a stainless steel hinge 1/2 x 1/2, 3/4 x 3/4, 1 x 1. These can be powder coated to match the color of the mainframes.
Stainless Steel Wire MeshWe use the .035 Ga, 12 x 12 wire in our hurricane screens. With 12 strands per inch, it easily passed the rigid impact test that Florida code demands. This wire also is easily painted.